Caring for your handmade pieces will ensure that you can keep wearing them for many years.
I have pieces I created 20+ years ago that I'm still wearing and look the same as the day I made them.
Since most of the components undergo an antiquing process (oxidization), I always suggest taking off your jewelry before getting into the shower or bath, and definitely before going for a swim.
Chlorine and other chemicals in pool water will ruin your magical pieces.
Ocean salt water is also too abrasive for these pieces.
Here is what you SHOULD DO with your jewelry:
* Be gentle with your handmade jewelry. Treat it with as much love and respect as you treat everything you love and care about.
* I suggest keeping it in the original gift box I sent it in, to protect it from getting tangled with other pieces.
* Wear it in good health for many years and hand down to future generations!
What NOT to do:
* Do not swim in ocean water or chlorinated water (pool water) while wearing your handmade jewelry. This will damage the beautiful antiqued finish of the metal.
* Don't shower with your jewelry on. While a little bit of water won't harm the jewelry, lots of water, soap, and shampoo, might ruin the finish over time.
* Do not attempt to bend or reshape it.